The Liebster Award + 10 Fun Facts About Us
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. See our disclosure policy for more information.
Ahhh! I’m so excited that we were nominated for this award. I want to first explain that Brent and I started our blog about a month ago. I didn’t know what I wanted to write about, I just knew that I wanted to start a blog for our family.
Brent came up with the idea of posting relationship arguments. He knows that I am intrigued by and like to analyze how other people think. I also like helping people. I knew though that my input alone wouldn’t be enough. I just felt like the content needed something more.
Brent is a great writer. I knew that having his talent as a writer mixed with his views would add a whole other dimension to the blog topic. He was reluctant to do this at first, but he finally gave in, and it has been a fun process so far.
I am very proud of Brent, of what we have made, and I hope that we can continue to grow.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an online award that is given to new bloggers by other bloggers. It exists as a way to recognize and support new bloggers. To learn more about the Liebster Award see the official rules here.
Who recognized and saw potential in us?
Judean from HR What??? Judean started her blog to write about the funny, the serious, and the crazy sides of her personal journey while working in Human Resources. Judean has been in the HR world for 14+ years. That’s a long time to experience all different kinds of crazy HR moments, and she is finally ready to share it with you. There’s no holding back. Follow her journey at HR What???
Thank you Judean!
We are going to keep the ball rolling and make Our Nominations for The Liebster Award:
#1 – Tiffany from The Odd Moms Club.
Tiffany is a mom who never really felt like she fit in, through childhood and as an adult. Because of this she decided to share her experience. By sharing she is hoping to unite other moms who also feel the same, forming The Odd Moms Club. As a fellow mom who has felt the same, I naturally fell in love with what she has started here, and I hope that you will too.
#2 – Ana from Celebrate Your Flaws.
Ana has created a community for those to talk about and share their mental illness. She has gone through and recovered from a lifelong battle with Depression. In her blog she shares her story, and most importantly, ways she has discovered to cope through. By acknowledging our mistakes and celebrating our flaws, she says, we can then move forward. I love this!
#3 – Cerin from Serendipitous Reid.
Cerin is a single mom sharing everything about her life; from recipes to 35 things she wants to accomplish before she turns 35 to her 256,485,934 reasons why she loves her daughter. It really is a unique read that definitely caught my eye.
#4 – Brittany from The Adulting Millennial.
Brittany is a Millennial who’s crushing the stereotypes of the Millennial generation, and she is proving it in her blog. Brittany’s down-to-Earth personality and keeping-it-real writing style are what made her stand out to me.
#5 – Jill from Milk Drunk In Love.
Jill is a mom of two boys that has gone through the struggles of breastfeeding. She feels that there isn’t enough information and acceptance for women who want to breastfeed, which is why she created Milk Drunk In Love. She is still in the initial stages of setting up her blog, but I think that once it gets going people will begin to see it develop into a great resource.
All of these people have done a fine job so far in starting up their blogs. I hope that they will continue to venture into their blogs, and that the blogging community brings them great success! Good luck, my fellow bloggers!
Last, but not least, we will leave you with each of our own personal 10 Fun Random Facts!
Brent’s Fun Facts:
- We currently live in Sherman, Texas where I grew up.
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Radio, Television, and Film from the University of North Texas.
- I’ve worked for the American Film And Sundance Institutes as a Volunteer Director/Coordinator.
- I am half white and half hispanic. My dad is German, British, and Scottish, and mom is Spanish and Mexican.
- I love to write. I have written 40 comedy skits, 3 movie scripts and 3 plays.
- My family is made up of all teachers. My dad is a Computer Science teacher, my mom is a 1st grade teacher’s assistant, my sister is a Kindergarten teacher, my brother-in-law is a Social Studies teacher, and I am in my 9th year as a Theater teacher.
- I thought of the name Hazel for our daughter while making coffee one morning before work. I picked up the creamer, turned to Jessica and asked, “How about we name her Hazelnut?”
- I’ve taught Hazel the lyrics to several Vampire Weekend songs. Oxford Comma and Giving Up The Gun are two of her favorites.
- What inspires me to write comedy is to make people laugh. What inspires me to write dramas is to experiment with the art from.
- My favorite food is enchiladas. I’m not a picky eater to begin with, but if you gave me enchiladas I would eat them everyday.
Jessica’s Fun Facts:
- I’m originally from Minnesota where I grew up on a pig and crop farm.
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science from the University of Minnesota.
- I was an Animal Scientist for 8 years working in a lab in New Jersey.
- People say that I look like Uma Thurman. So I’ve embraced it and dressed up as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill, and Poison Ivy from Batman And Robbin for Halloween.
- I love nature photography. Samples of pictures I’ve taken can be found on Fine Art America.
- I’ve battled through and recovered from Depression and PTSD.
- I’ve worked as a waitress at the world’s largest casino located in Oklahoma.
- I have two tattoos. One of ivy on my back to symbolize my love of nature and the other of a phoenix across my right thigh to symbolize the rebirths that I’ve gone through where I’ve felt broken down and had to get back up.
- My parents are divorced and remarried, and I told myself at a very young age that I never want to get married or have children. It wasn’t until I woke up on my 30th birthday, went to brush my teeth and imagined what it would be like to help my own child brush his/her teeth. Now I’m married to my husband Brent, help our daughter brush her teeth everyday, and I couldn’t imagine my life any other way.
- We have another little one coming soon. Due February 2018.
Thank you for stopping by!
If you’ve got the time please check out our recent post Is She Worried Over Nothing? I think you’ll enjoy it.
Thank you again to Judean for this awesome award nomination!
Have a wonderful day, my friends!
Brent and Jess